Well, here is the sweet skinny on the event...if you missed it, you may just want to kick yourself...it was a complete and total BLAST! Swishes of pink, tiaras and stilettos everywhere, people laughing, dancing and eating delectable treats, a general sense of well being and unbridled joy...plus the sun was shining with a light breeze wafting through my garden and trees...absolute perfection!
1. To date we have raised a little bit over $13,000.00. Our goal was $13-$15,000.00 so we have met our beginning goal and are still hoping to hit at least our mid-level range...checks and online donations are still being accepted! (See #6) The total for the combined three years of bake sales is now over $30,000.00...amazing what a community can do together...OOH LA LA again!
2. That money ($6,500.00 each to the Westside Food Bank and St. Joseph Center's Food Pantry program) translates into 26,000 meals at WFB and 1,300 bags of groceries at SJC...literally feeding thousands of women and children in need...makes me weep with joy...
3. The Mr. Sugar & Stilettos 2013 Crowning Ceremony was hysterical...Richard Lewis, Steven Weber and Paul DiMeo outdid themselves...and Bob Picardo added a bit of fun with his fabulous humor and outstanding plaid jacket...video will be up very soon so keep checking the website.
4. Photos from the event will be up on our FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc. accounts as soon as we can get them edited and up for your viewing pleasure...
5. The lucky winners of this year's raffles and silent auction are...
Diamond Stiletto Necklace from XIV Karats LTD. - Karl Miller
Sofia Vergara's Autographed GUCCI Stilettos - Julie Bardin
S & S Custom Made Quilt by Sharon's Cozy Quilts - Susan Grode
BBQ for 12 from The Blue Dog Beer Tavern's Paul Scrivano - Laurie Newbound
Jackie Doyle's Stunning Stiletto Illustration - Nanci Christopher
Congratulations to all and thank you to everyone who participated...we raised thousands of dollars from these items alone...
6. As I said, online donations and checks are still being accepted, so if you've left it to the last minute and now beyond, it's not too late!
For the Westside Food Bank click on the link and remember to mention S & S in the Comments section - www.wsfb.org
For St. Joseph Center click on the link, it is a special one set up just for us www.stjosephctr.org
7. Mark your calendar for next year's bake sale - Saturday, May 17, 2014 - you won't want to miss it!